Friday, March 6, 2009

Cracker Cookies

This is the next recipe I always seem to be looking for and a favorite right up there with rice krispie treats because it is so easy and it tastes like a toffee candy. I don't make this recipe unless I plan on giving most of it away because I can't stop eating them! (I use less chocolate chips than the recipe calls for).


Simply Delicious Cookies...Recipe from Penzey's Spice Co.


Place saltine crackers side by side to cover a rimmed, parchment paper lined baking sheet.
In a saucepan melt 1 ½ sticks butter with ½ cup sugar. Pour evenly over the saltines.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle on 2 c chocolate chips. Return to the oven for a minute or so to get the chips to stick to the saltines.
Refrigerate for two hours then cut or break into pieces.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, these are so good, I think I have to go make some now.

    ReplyDelete

1st photos

1st photos
ok...I'll try to add some pictures