More crazy Spring weather for Easter Weekend...It rained Friday night, Saturday most of the day, and was rainy and wet on Sunday until about noon. Erin and Jeremy dyed Easter eggs on Thursday evening..I dropped by with her veggie tray to take to her day care party, and stayed for dinner and long enough to make sure they were doing a proper job of coloring the eggs.
On Friday Erin took eggs to school to dye with her class, and then they walked to Lincoln park for a big Easter egg hunt and picnic.
Saturday morning was an indoor Easter Egg hunt at St Mary's..It was in the medical Pavillion because of the rain. It was SOO crowded..I just let Erin go with the 7 year olds, because we couldn't get through the hall to her age group! But she got to see the Easter Bunny and had fun picking up plastic eggs filled with candy.
After that we zoomed over to Barnes and Noble for story time, and a visit from no other than... CLIFFORD, the Big Red Dog. Erin took in one of her plastic eggs to give to Clifford. I saw her open the egg while she was waiting for her turn to talk to him, look at the Hershey kiss, close it up, and then temptation took over and she opened it up again and chomped down the candy...oh well, Clifford, maybe next time...
Easter day I cooked and ate alternately all day long! We went to church, had a turkey dinner at Joy and Rods, and Erin, Lakai and Cree had an egg hunt in the back yard. Then we went to Jer's and I took the Ham dinner and discovered the Easter bunny had been there too...Erin had sooo much fun, and has enough candy to last til next Easter, and I didn't even buy any! Tori was sick and didn't join us...We've all had a flu bug in the last few weeks.
That sounds like a great Easter for everyone!
ReplyDelete