Derek came through on his way to Barstow, Ca.where he'll be stationed for a while...At least it is close enough for some weekend visits.
Erin gave her first talk in Primary today. She memorized about 6 lines of a poem about families and I coached her through the rest of it. We practiced it a LOT on Saturday, and had picture cues to help her. She was really cute, even let me put pigtails in her hair. She got about 2/3 of the way through and stopped, looked at me and said loud and clear "Grammie I really want to say my own stuff!" I sort of choked and whispered "lets just finish the poem", and she did, but it will probably be the last time she lets me help her. There was a lot of muffled laughter from the adults, and afterwards every one of the teachers said that what they really wanted to hear was Erin's "own stuff".
No comments:
Post a Comment