Sunday, October 31, 2010

Add to recipes

Seems like as soon as it gets cold any group/potluck meal includes chile or a chile cookoff. There are so many varieties of chile and most of them seem to concentrate on the heat factor instead of the flavor...so...I usually take something I like, and eat what I bring and make it mild enough that the kids even like it. This years version is a White Chicken Chile recipe from a friend at work. It dissappears fast at pot luck suppers, and if I blog the recipe I won't have to call Kathleen for the recipe again!


White Chicken Chile

1 pound chicken breast cut in 1/2 inch cubes
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbs veg oil

2 cans great northern beans
1 can chicken broth
2 4 oz cans green chiles
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin (I leave this out because I don't like cumin)
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne

1 c sour cream
1/2 cup heavy cream

Saute pork,onion and garlic powder in dutch oven. Add next 8 ingredients and bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, watch and stir occasionally so mixture thickens but does not burn.(I put a lid on for part of the cooking time). Add sour cream and cream and heat through but do not boil. It is good alone or seved with tortilla chips or a warm tortilla. I serve it with a bowl of rice when I want it to feed more people.

1 comment:

  1. OOH, I think this will be good to bring to the polls on Tuesday. We like to pot-luck our meals. There are 10 of us workers this year and we work from 6AM to 10PM then come home exhausted. Good food helps keep us happy.

    ReplyDelete

1st photos

1st photos
ok...I'll try to add some pictures